Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bath-time Finger Paints Recipe--How to make Bath finger paints

About a year ago maybe more I purchased some bath crayons for my daughter to play with in the tub as she loves to color and paint. She had so much fun I could not get her out of the bath. Unfortunately the crayons were extremely hard to scrub off the tile it was like waxy caked on soap.

Because she loved it so much I wanted to find a different alternative that was easy to clean but super fun for her at the same time. So I started to experiment with various bath crayons and still regardless of brand I had the same problem.

Then I tried some soap paints for the tub and we had a winner. The Bath Finger Paints were super easy to clean and my daughter loves them. Below is the recipe I found works the best.

Bath-time Finger Paint

Ingredients

1/3 c. cornstarch
3 tbsp. baby powder
1 1/2 c. water
3 tbsp. mild liquid dish washing soap
Food coloring

How to Make the Bath-Time Finger Paint

Pour cornstarch into a medium saucepan. Add water, a little bit at a time. Stir until well mixed. Cook mixture over low to medium heat until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.

Remove the mixture from heat. Add baby powder and dish washing soap. Stir until mixed. Divide into equal parts. Use a few drops of food coloring to reach desired shades. When cool, use fingers to paint tub, tile and body. Washes clean in warm bath water.

P.S My daughter stay in the bath long after she is wrinkled when she is playing with her bath-time fingerpaint so make sure you have plenty of time to spare when giving your child bath paints..



No comments:

Post a Comment